Established since 2006, BIG Pharmacy Healthcare Sdn Bhd has grown to become one of the largest retail pharmacy chains in Malaysia with presence in Klang Valley, Johor, Seremban and Melaka. As part of the Group’s plan to expand in the southern region of Malaysia, the Group merged with RedCap Pharmacy in year 2018 and the combined entity now has more than 70 BIG Pharmacy outlets throughout Malaysia.. The group is poised for expansion nationwide with its strong management team, wide product range, and institutionalised pharmacist training program which formed the foundation of our successful business model.
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patients, recording medical history, and confirming the purpose of the visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Saves doctors’ time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- by shift
- 48 hours per week + 1-2 off days
- work off-site sometimes
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 5 years in a related field from clinic/hospital
- A Diploma in Nursing is an advantage